Among the many objects in the collections of Skånelaholm we find a vast amount of beautiful and skilfully carved distaffs. These objects where most of the time made by young men yearning for the heart of a maiden. Through the gift of a distaff they tried to impress her by showing both dedication and skills and the gift could be an important step towards marriage.
Produce of linen was most important in the olden days, economically and within the household as textiles. But as this exhibition also tells the story of how these distaffs also were objects made with love to a loved one.
- Time & date
- 17 May 2017 (11:00 - 16:00)
- Skånelaholms slott
- Skånela 121
- 19596 Rosersberg (Skånela)
- Organizer: Lin blir Gull!
- Phone: 070-6641440
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.vitterhetsakad.se/kulturfastigheter/skanelaholms_slott
- Price: Vuxen: 60 kr (inkl. guidad visning av slottet)
- Tickets to the exhibition are sold on site (cash and credit cards accepted).
Leave a comment